What is Computer Networking?
- It is a field of study that defines methods and practices to link computers together and have meaningful communication mechanisms between them
- It includes protocols related to both communication hardware and software
- Also known as datacom or data networking
- A computer network is an interconnection of group of computers that can talk to each other and share meaningful data
- The group of computers can either be geographically very close (within the same room) or can be wide apart (across two poles of the earth)